RDU’s Fire Rescue department provides a ceremonial
water arch for a departing aircraft carrying nearly 100 World
War II veterans on a Flight of Honor.
RDU Fire Rescue
For emergencies, dial (919) 840-2111
The Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority's Fire Rescue Department is on duty 24-hours a day, 365-days a year. The department is led by Fire Chief Charlie Timberlake and has three shifts that include a deputy fire chief, captain, lieutenant and three fire engineers. For non-emergencies, RDU Fire Rescue can be reached at (919) 840-2121.
RDU Fire Rescue's responsibilities include:
- Structural firefighting
- Aircraft rescue and firefighting
- Brush/wildfire suppression
- Vehicle extrication
- Hazardous materials response
- Emergency medical services
- General fire prevention services
- Automobile accident response
Fire Rescue Photos: