Terminal 1 Today, During Construction
Terminal 1 is a busy place at RDU, even during construction. If you are flying via Air Tran or Southwest, you’ll be traveling from a section of Terminal 1 that is not under construction. Take a moment to explore Terminal 1, as it is today, and see how to access the building.
Explore Terminal 1:
Arriving at Terminal 1
Dropping off or picking up passengers at Terminal 1 during construction is easy using these simple tips:
From the Parking Garage
- Use Terminal 1 Hourly Parking.
- Follow the signs along the covered walkway to Terminal 1.
- Upon leaving, use ExitExpress to pay for parking.
- Parking for a few days? Enter daily parking to access the open lot across from Terminal 1.
- Drop off passengers from private vehicles directly in front of the ticketing and bag claim doors.
- Arriving/departing via shuttle? You will arrive/depart at the shuttle zones across the street from the terminal.
- The RDU Taxi dispatch booth is just outside of the ticketing lobby.